Argentina DST blues

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Thu Oct 16 08:48:19 UTC 2008

Mariano Absatz - El Baby wrote:
> and translate:
>
>     /Everything shows that starting this Sunday, Argentina will have two
>     time zones. At least five provinces would not move forward the
>     clocks. San Luis and Mendoza already confirmed it and in La Rioja,
>     San Juan and Catamarca they say there is no oficial decision yet,
>     but "very probably" they will not move the clock hands. They afirm
>     that light and darkness hours do not agree with the lifestyle and
>     customs in the provinces and that last year many people had problems
>     to sleep./

It seems to be official in Catamarca and San Juan as well now, according
to the press:

http://www.diarioc.com.ar/inf_general/No_habra_cambio_de_horario_en_Catamarca/109626
which says something like this (translated):
"The governor of the province, Eduardo Brizuela del Moral ratified, in
official way that the time zone change that is requested from nation
after 19th of the current month will not occur in our province because
as we already know it does not benefit our town."

http://www.diariodecuyo.com.ar/home/new_noticia.php?noticia_id=308387
(San Juan)
Translation: "San Juan’s provincial governor José Luis Gioja confirmed
today [2008-10-15], that the province would not participate in the
daylight saving schedule that was planned by the federal government."

Best regards,
Steffen - timeanddate.com