Pakistan update

Alexander Krivenyshev wtz at worldtimezone.com
Tue Apr 7 03:32:45 UTC 2009

Alexander Krivenyshev <wtz <at> worldtimezone.com> writes:

> Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] <olsona <at> dc37a.nci.nih.gov> writes:
>

> > You didn't miss a Pakistan update; as far as I know we don't yet have
> > anything that's government-issued.
> >

> Some additional information according to today news from Pakistan Online
> International News Network, that Pakistan plan to introduce DST from May 2009
> till November 1, 2009.
>
> Summary sent to Cabinet for advancing clock by one hr in May: Pervaiz
> http://www.onlinenews.com.pk/details.php?id=143500
>
> "Federal Minister for Water and Power, Raja Pervaiz Ashraf has said that
> the incumbent government is working on war-foot basis to overcome the
> shortfall of electricity in the country while the summary has been forwarded
> to the cabinet to advance clocks by one hour in May for adopting Daylight
> Saving Time (DST)."
>
> and
>
> No loadshedding from next year: Ashraf
> http://www.onlinenews.com.pk/details.php?id=134732
>
> "Federal minister for Water and Power, Raja Pervez Ashraf has said
> ..... that time will be reversed by one hour from the November 1. "
>
> (short DST paragraph news)
> http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_pakistan04.html
>
> Alexander Krivenyshev,
> http://www.worldtimezone.com

FYI: The News International - No. 1 English Newspaper from Pakistan
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
By By Khalid Mustafa
Clocks to be advanced by one hour from May 1
http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=171093

“Pakistan Electric Power Company (Pepco) had asked the government in March to
advance clocks by one hour from April 1 to cope with the power deficit. Pepco
wanted Daylight Saving Time (DST) to start from April one, but ministry put up
the summary before the Cabinet for approval after a months delay owing to which
the clocks will be moved forward by one hour from May 1,” a senior official at
Ministry of Water and Power told The News.....

Alexander Krivenyshev,
http://www.worldtimezone.com