Cyprus Timezone Issue

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Mon Apr 27 12:49:58 UTC 2009

    Date:        Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:28:49 +0200
    From:        Martin Jerabek <martin.jerabek at isis-papyrus.com>

  | Cyprus is a member of the European Union ...

That's irrelevant, we use geographic location, not political affiliation.

Political links change way too rapidly, geography much more slowly (slowly
enough that we can pretty much assume it is a constant), which is much
more rational.

Whether Cyprus is geographically Europe or Asia (or even Africa) is beyond
my competence to judge (someone needs to look at the continental plate
outlines, or something... - which I suspect is what has been done previously)
but whatever is the answer to that, that's where we ought to have it.

To avoid confusion, we can have, and do have, a link in any other likely
location(s).

kre