License for the tzdata information

CHancuff at aol.com CHancuff at aol.com
Wed Apr 29 07:33:17 UTC 2009

Edwin, some years ago there was talk of forming a sub-group of this mailing
 list to tie down the loose ends to make this data register-able.  Since
all  tzcode is derived from public domain, the only copyrightable part of it
would be  it, as a collective work.  I dropped out of that group very early
on, due  to my interest in marketing my private collection of public domain
time  zone data on my own.

To the best of my Intellectual Property Law knowledge, tzcode is
intrinsically in public domain, unless one of its contributors objects.   I've been
on this list for well over a decade and can't imagine anyone  would.

Cliff Hancuff

In a message dated 4/28/2009 6:01:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,