End of DST in Africa/Cairo 2009

Robin Thorpe robin at financialcalendar.com
Wed Aug 5 19:46:26 UTC 2009

Dear Jacquie,

Paul is out of the office on vacation until Monday, August 10, 2009,
but I can help you with your question.

We are aware of the daylight savings issue in Egypt and are
monitoring it closely.  According to previous announcements daylight
savings time should change the last weekend in September.  However,
this year is different due to Ramadan starting August 22.

It is probable that the government will make a change, but there has
been no official decision as of today.  Historically the government
has made the announcement about one week prior to the start of
Ramadan.  If they follow this pattern the announcement would come
around August 15.  According to our sources the last possible day for
the announcement is August 20 since Ramadan begins on August 22.  We
will issue an update as soon as a change is announced and confirmed.

I hope this addresses your concerns.  If it doesn't or if you have
other questions please feel free to email or call me at 212-742-8577.

Kind regards,
Robin