New home for time zone stuff by 2012?

Robert Masters RMasters at bunnings.com.au
Mon Aug 24 00:45:18 UTC 2009

As a first cut, I'd suggest moving the archives, mailing lists, data
files, and the code-base to somewhere like Sourceforge.

No doubt there will be many who will offer other alternatives, and very
good reasons not to use it, but it is a starting point for the
discussions.

Plusses for Sourceforge:
+ Provides mailinglist maintenance, hosting, and archiving
+ Provides source code/data file hosting  and change management
facilities
+ Provides resources for easy migration of code/data maintainer roles
from person to person

Minuses... Uhmm.. I cannot think of any at this moment, but I have no
fear that others will rise to the challenge.

This does not address the need for someone to take over as the project
administrator, or the standards work aspect.

Regards

Rob Masters
Unix Systems Administrator

Bunnings Group Limited
126 Pilbara Street, Welshpool WA 6106
Locked Bag 20, Welshpool WA 6986
Phone: (08) 9365-1507
E-mail : rmasters at bunnings.com.au
Website: www.bunnings.com.au

(Oh, and um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's
girlfriend heard from this guy... )