New home for time zone stuff by 2012?

Mark Peek mark at peek.org
Mon Aug 31 15:13:55 UTC 2009

When ado sent out the first email on this thread, my first thought was that
the Unicode Consortium would be a great place to maintain the timezone data.
Throughout the resulting discussion I am still a "+1" for it to be maintained
there. I believe Mark Davis has commented on different levels of release
flexibility within the Unicode Consortium and I think the dialog has indicated
that a fast and flexible release time line is what the users of tzdata are
wanting. I am sure the Unicode Consortium would want to ensure the continued
success, continuity and single source of tzdata if it was agreed for them to
take this on.

Still a +1 for Unicode Consortium.

Mark