Understanding the Bangladesh change

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Mon Jun 8 16:41:10 UTC 2009

So I went to update my Perl package based on the Olson database this
morning, and my tests are blowing up.

The problem is that I don't have any code to handle the current Bangladesh
situation. If I'm reading the database correctly, it says that there is a
change scheduled for 2009, but then there's nothing scheduled for future
years. Does that mean that 2010+ are considered unknown and
uncalculatable?

That seems somewhat problematic. I can't be the only one who expects to be
able to use the Olson database to calculate future dates.

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)