Explain field

Francois Rouleau rouf0007 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 19:17:17 UTC 2009

Could you please explain to me what seem to be a contradiction in the
documentation (File: "tzCode2009e\Zic.8.txt")

For the Rule part, you say that the field "FROM" ... "Gives the first year
in which the rule applies". Then from the example you say that ...
"After 1894-06-01 at 00:00 Swiss daylight saving rules (defined with lines
beginning with "Rule Swiss") apply"... but the "Rule Swiss"

begin in 1940. There is a laps in time here that I don't understand.

Maybe should you also update this document to reflect the change in file for
Swiss.

Thanks

Francois Rouleau