growing opposition to DST in many Argentine Provinces

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Mon Oct 12 07:21:25 UTC 2009

Mariano Absatz - El Baby wrote:
> My guess is that San Luis (which is currently the only Province using
> UTC-4 as its main -winter- timezone) would start observing DST (in
> UTC-3) on the second Sunday of October (as I think Chile does), whereas
> the National Goverment is trying that the rest of the country would
> change (from UTC-3 to UTC-2) on the THIRD Sunday of October...

Your guess about San Luis was right - they did start DST this weekend:
http://www.infobae.com/contenidos/477202-101275-0-La-Argentina-un-mismo-horario-una-semana

Some of the other provinces are still not fully decided on what to do,
we try to have this page updated:
http://www.timeanddate.com/news/time/argentina-dst-2009-2010.html

Best regards,
Steffen - timeanddate.com