proposed time zone package changes for Samoa (comments), Bangladesh, and Pakistan

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Oct 14 23:18:27 UTC 2009

Arthur David Olson <olsona at elsie.nci.nih.gov> writes:

> The adoption of "permanent" DST in Bangladesh means there's another place that can't be
> represented by a POSIX time zone environment variable; this may cause some grief.
> We may want to change the trailing...
> 			6:00	1:00	BDST
> ...line for Bangladesh to...
> 			5:00	-	BDST
> ...either in the short term or the long term.

Surely that last line should read "BDT", not "BDST".  That has been
the usual style in the past, when countries have made permanent switches
of an hour (initially, as "daylight savimg" perhaps), but eventually
permanent.  For now, though, I expect it's OK to keep calling it
"BDST", as it may well switch back.