No

Alexander Krivenyshev worldtimezone at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 03:05:07 UTC 2009

> Hello.
>
> I am from Argentina and here nobody knows what whill happen in 48
> hours with the time.
>
> Today the newspapers began writing that 'maybe there wont be any hour
> change' [0], but still no official word from goverment.
>
> [0] http://news.google.com/news/more?
um=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=es&cf=all&ncl=dRIrRyCbhRtz1_MDha5hPj52aSWTM

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 23:10, Alexander Krivenyshev
> <worldtimezone <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Seems that Argentina will not implement "Summer Time" this year (2009-2010).
> > Just some media reports, however no official info from any gov.ar site
> > available at this point.
> >
> > (Spanish):
> > "El Gobierno no cambiaría la hora oficial el próximo domingo"
> > http://www.infobae.com/contenidos/478091-101275-0-El-Gobierno-no-cambiar%C3%
ADa-
> > la-hora-el-pr%C3%B3ximo-domingo
> > "The Government would not change the official time on Sunday"
> >
> > or
> >
> > (Spanish):
> > "AL FINAL NO HABRA CAMBIO DE HORA"
> > http://www.diarioshow.com/notas/2009/10/15/20067-al-final-no-habra-cambio-
de-
> > hora.html
> > THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE AT THE END OF TIME")
> >
> > or
> > http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_argentina07.html
> >
> > Alexander Krivenyshev (World Time Zone)
> > http://www.worldtimezone.com

Some Governors stated that in order "to change the time you need an instrument
signed by the president of the Nation, from which we (Governors) should act
accompanying or rejecting. But that tool does not exist ..."

Spanish:
http://www.noticiaschajari.com.ar/nota1.php?id=4107
“en caso de que hubiera alguna modificación, el gobernador se comprometió a
volvernos a reunir el lunes 19”.

Seems that most of provinces (at least 20 out of 24) are not going to make any
clock change on Sunday, Oct 18, 2009.

We may have to wait till Monday, October 19, 2009 for real story about
Argentina "Summer Time".