Israel and Proposed DST Extension

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il
Tue Aug 24 06:30:01 UTC 2010

A proposal has been put forward by an opposition MK to re-instate DST
in Israel about two weeks after it ends this year (Sunday, September 12)
and have it run another few weeks:

     http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/news-in-brief-1.309624

Coming from the opposition, this proposal has next-to-zero chance of
being adopted, but I'm bringing it to the attention of the forum just
in case.  If anything significant happens, I'll update the forum.
Ephraim Silverberg, CSE System Group,        Phone number:    972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.        Fax number:      972-2-5617723
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim       E-mail: ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il