Time change for Samara, Kamchatka, Chukotka are not confirmed yet

Alexander Krivenyshev worldtimezone at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 15:48:10 UTC 2010

Alexander Krivenyshev <worldtimezone <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> According to the Russian media, Prime Minister of Russia V. Putin signed a
> Resolution of the Government "ON THE APPLICATION IN THE TERRITORY OF THE
UDMURT
> REPUBLIC SECOND TIME ZONE"
>
> 2 Russian regions (MSK +1, GMT+4):
> Samara region, capital Samara
> Udmurt Republic (Udmurtia), capital Izhevsk
>
> will move to Moscow Time Zone (MSK, GMT+3) on March 28, 2010.
>
> (in Russian)
> http://www.infox.ru/authority/state/2010/03/20/Rossiya_lishilas_odn.phtml
>
> Prime Minister of Russia V. Putin signed a
> Resolution of the Government "ON THE APPLICATION IN THE TERRITORY OF THE
UDMURT
> REPUBLIC SECOND TIME ZONE"
>
> Draft Resolution of the Government could be found on The Ministry of Industry
> and Trade of the Russian Federation
> http://www.minprom.gov.ru/docs/ce/38 (in Russian)
>
> or
>
> http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_russia13.html
>
> As reference, both 2 regions (Udmurt Republic and Samara) are the only
regions
> left in MSK +1 (GMT+4) Time Zone of Russia (blue color our Russian time zones
> map on)
> http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-russia24.php
>
> This is probably one of the transitional stage in the reshaping of Time Zones
> in Russia.
> As in the future, some regions from current time zone (MSK +2, GMT+5)- Perm,
> Kurgan, Chelyabinsk,
> Ekaterinburg (Yekaterinburg) probably will move to "empty" Russian time zone
> (MSK +1, GMT+4)
>
> Alexander Krivenyshev,
> http://www.worldtimezone.com

As of now, similar draft resolutuion for Samara region on the application of
second time zone is not signed yet.

Proposal for Samara region (MSK + 1, UTC + 4) in Russia to move to Moscow time
zone (MSK, UTC + 3) on march 28, 2010 is not confirmed yet.

Draft resolution for Samara region on (in russian):

http://www.minprom.gov.ru/docs/ce/41
or
http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_russia13.html

Also, proposal for Kamchatka and Chukotka regions (MSK + 9, UTC + 12) in Russia
to move to time zone (MSK + 8, UTC + 11) on march 28, 2010 is not confirmed yet.

Draft resolution for Kamchatka and Chukotka regions on (in russian):

http://www.minprom.gov.ru/docs/ce/42
or
http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_russia14.html

Alexander Krivenyshev,