FW: Timezone option

Paul Koning Paul_Koning at Dell.com
Tue May 25 16:25:45 UTC 2010

Note that this only works if you want to test offsets to local time.  If
the test requires offsetting UTC - which is normally what operating
systems use internally - then the timezone machinery is no help and you
have to use the normal system services to set the system clock anyway.
That may be easier in any case.

                paul

From: Sanjeev Gupta [mailto:ghane0 at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:19 PM
To: tz at lecserver.nci.nih.gov
Cc: honeybajaj1 at rediffmail.com
Subject: Re: FW: Timezone option

Hi,

In 1994, I tested with TZ offsets of 720 hours.  This was on an SVR4
Unix from Unisys, for an application where they wanted to test reminder
generation within the app.

I would set and export TZ, then start a shell, and run the application
inside it.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 23:09, Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E]