Israel and Proposed DST Extension

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il
Sun Sep 5 09:32:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, I wrote:

> A proposal has been put forward by an opposition MK to re-instate DST
> in Israel about two weeks after it ends this year (Sunday, September 12)
> and have it run another few weeks:

The Minister of Interior expressed today a willingness to re-instate
Daylight Saving Time after the Fast of Yom Kippur (September 18, 2010):

     http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3949359,00.html

Several "insiders" have expressed the opinion that this is unlikely to be
actually legislated this year partially because of the small amount of time
remaining to both the beginning of Standard Time and the Fast of Yom Kippur.

I will update the forum if any actual legislation is tabled.
Ephraim Silverberg, CSE System Group,        Phone number:    972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.        Fax number:      972-2-5617723
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim       E-mail: ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il