[tz] Antarctica

Steven Abner pheonix at zoomtown.com
Thu Dec 8 19:39:45 UTC 2011

I was checking that thinggy I created. I came across an oddity.
Sooo please verify or invalidate? The Australian government has
a web page for their Antarctica division,
http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/stations/time ,
which has Casey as 0 hours from AEST/AEDT. The page states
modified June 29, 2011. Now translating Australia Time to Olson
time of EST/EDT and assuming that the current time they display
is that of Casey, with Sydney at a UTC+11(EDT or AEDT) and the
database saying UTC+8 for Casey, is this possibly a case of
Antarctica being a separate file or does the government have
their web page out dated?, or am I mis-interprting things? I didn't check
the other stations as I am not sure what is up. This is not an abbreviation
question, just so not to link this with what I was discussing earlier.

Steve