lat/lon to time offset database

Luther Ma ma.lude.xj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:54:55 UTC 2011

On Feb 4, 2011, at 5:43 AM, Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler at gmail.com> wrote:

> The upshot is though that even with a GPS database, you can't tell whether the wielder of the GPS-equipped system would prefer Beijing or Xinjiang time in that vicinity; it depends on who the wielder is.

I am relieved to hear though from a later post that GPS manufacturers still provde for you to manually enter your desired time zone, (Xinjiang time still sadly an orphaned child of the digital world.)

Luther

PS I would be happy to open the discussion of XJ time again, or likewise to accept any previous suggestion without further objection.