interpretation of Rule

mxtaylor at ups.com mxtaylor at ups.com
Fri Feb 4 19:54:21 UTC 2011

Sorry I am also new to this and am trying to understand how the rule below is applied:

# Ghana
# Rule    NAME      FROM      TO        TYPE      IN        ON        AT        SAVE      LETTER/S
Rule      Ghana     1936      1942      -         Sep        1        0:00      0:20      GHST
Rule      Ghana     1936      1942      -         Dec       31        0:00      0         GMT

# Zone    NAME                GMTOFF    RULES     FORMAT    [UNTIL]
Zone      Africa/Accra        -0:00:52 -          LMT       1918
                               0:00     Ghana     %s
I read it as "Ghana" rules were only in effect from 1936 to 1942.
After 1918, Accra uses that rule, but therefore only from 1936 to 1942?
So after 1942 what applies? No rules, but the letters still are in effect, therefore "GMT"?

[Likewise - not relevant to me, but what about Accra for 1919 - 1936 ?]

Thanks,
Matt Taylor