Date Countries Switch to/from DST

O'Neil, Bonnie bonnie.oneil at travelport.com
Fri Feb 4 22:23:55 UTC 2011

Wow!! Thanks so very much!

Bonnie K. O'Neil
CBIP, CDMP
Enterprise Data Architect
Travelport Global Technology Solutions
Office: 303-397-5239
Mobile: 303-725-1737

-----Original Message-----
From: billseymour at gmail.com [mailto:billseymour at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Bill Seymour
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 2:29 PM
To: tz at lecserver.nci.nih.gov
Subject: Re: Date Countries Switch to/from DST

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:15 AM, O'Neil, Bonnie
<bonnie.oneil at travelport.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am also a Timezone newbie.
>
> I need to get a dump of the tz database for all countries in the world,
> which timezone they are in, and what date they switch on/off DST.  I'm not
> interested in getting real time dates; I just need a refresh of the database
> periodically.

You can download the tz database at http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm .

Mostly for my own benefit, I wrote a little paper about how to read tz's
source files:  http://www.cstdbill.com/tzdb/db.html .

Hope that helps,

--Bill

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, please notify the sender
and delete all copies immediately. The sender believes this message and any attachments
were sent free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and other forms of malicious code.
This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. The
recipient opens any attachments at the recipient's own risk, and in so doing, the
recipient accepts full responsibility for such actions and agrees to take protective
and remedial action relating to any malicious code. Travelport is not liable for any
loss or damage arising from this message or its attachments.