Timezone for Asia/Jerusalem

Scott Atwood scott.roy.atwood at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 00:14:32 UTC 2011

The Wikipedia article on Israeli DST has a good discussion on why this is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Summer_Time

To summarize, between 1992 and 2005, the start of DST was set by law, but
the end of DST was ad hoc, at the whim of a government minister.

Since 2005, the end of DST is determined by the Jewish lunar religious
calendar, so I'm not sure if this can be accommodated by tz automatically.

-Scott

--
Scott Atwood

The hill isn't in the way, it is the way.