Israel Daylight Saving Time -- Minister Proposes Extension

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il
Sun Jul 3 13:35:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011, I wrote:

> The proposal is beginning to become clearer:
>
> DST will start on the Friday before the last Sunday of March and will
> end on the first Sunday after October 1.  If this Sunday falls on a
> Jewish holiday, DST will be extended until the morning after the holiday.

In today's cabinet meeting, the government has unanimously approved
the amendment to the DST law.  However, the change in the law must
still be passed in the Knesset which can take a couple of months.

I will update the list if more details become available or if there
is any progress in the legislative process.
Ephraim Silverberg, CSE System Group,        Phone number:    972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.        Fax number:      972-2-5617723
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim       E-mail: ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il