DST in Fiji

David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca
Fri Jul 8 21:07:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, July 7, 2011 22:47, Petr Machata wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Fiji should enter the period of
> DST in 2011 again, and when that should be.  Timeanddate.com seem to
> expect it starts at years to come.  But the only reference I was able to
> find is this one:
[...]

Well, according to Microsoft:

> For (UTC +12:00) Fiji, this hotfix updates the 2011 DST end-date to be
> the first Sunday in March (March 6th), and not the last Sunday in March.
> The March 6th date corresponds to the schedule shown on the Fijian
> government website, http://fiji.gov.fj

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2515337

According to this post it looks like they're not planning on re-entering:

> Cabinet has agreed that daylight saving in Fiji end Sunday 28th March
> 2010 at 3.00 am.

http://tinyurl.com/6hqzph4
http://www.fiji.gov.fj/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1096:3310-cabinet-approves-change-in-daylight-savings-dates

They sent out a reminder in February:

http://tinyurl.com/62uvhl6
http://www.fiji.gov.fj/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3607:daylight-savings-ends-on-march-6

If you want anything more definitive you'll have to track someone down in
the government:

http://www.google.com/search?&q=site%3Afiji.gov.fj+daylight+saving