DST in America/Metlakatla?

Arthur Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 21:56:19 UTC 2011

> I don't think the zone America/Metlakatla in northamerica
> is quite right yet.  I think the rule in the last line of the zone
> should be "-", not "US".  I'm guessing that that was just
> a typo.

We definitely do need a Metlakatla change. I had hoped to learn just when it
was that Metlakatla abandoned DST but have been unable to do so.
Absent other information, I'll assume that it was abandoned in 1983 when the
vote was taken to use Pacific Time; with that assumption you're
correct that changing "US" to "-" is the thing to do.

    --ado