Cuba will end DST on October 31, 2011

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Wed Mar 9 07:30:42 UTC 2011

On 09.03.2011 06:47, Alexander Krivenyshev wrote:
> According to Juventud Rebelde and CUBADEBATE:
> http://www.cubadebate.cu/noticias/2011/03/08/regira-horario-de-verano-en-cuba/
> and
> http://www.juventudrebelde.cu/cuba/2011-03-08/comenzara-en-cuba-el-horario-de-
> verano/
> Cuba will end DST as usual: October 31, 2011:
> http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_cuba07.html
>
> Google translation from Spanish:
> "As of March 20 will apply in Cuba DST to make better use of sunlight in daily
> activities, media reported today.
>
> With this measure, which takes into account the increased length of day, the
> clocks will be advanced 60 minutes at 24:00 local time coming March 19 and will
> be the end of normal force last October 31."
The sentence in Spanish is:
Con esta medida, que tiene en cuenta la mayor duración del día, los
relojes se adelantarán 60 minutos a las 24:00 hora local del venidero 19
de marzo y será el fin del horario normal vigente desde el pasado 31 de
octubre.

I think the last part there means that it will end the normal (standard)
time schedule which they have been using since October 31 last year
(2010). It does not say anything about when it will end this year.
October 31, 2011 is a Monday, which would be an unusual day for Cuba to
end DST on.

Best regards,
Steffen Thorsen - timeanddate.com