[tz] Query about update in timezone database

Julian Cable julian.cable at bbc.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 07:27:19 UTC 2011

Any chance of an RSS feed ?

Julian

From: tz-bounces at iana.org [mailto:tz-bounces at iana.org] On Behalf Of
Jonathan Leffler
Sent: 02 November 2011 07:23
To: Mangala Arjun
Cc: tz at iana.org
Subject: Re: [tz] Query about update in timezone database

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 00:12, Mangala Arjun <mangala.avision at gmail.com>
wrote:

When an update for timezone database is present, will it be intimated in
this mailing list?

Yes.  Typically, there will be some discussion of events that will
require a change.   When those are known in enough detail, then a
proposed set of changes will be circulated for review and approval.
Sometimes, there are amendments.  Then, in due course (typically about a
week after the proposed changes are circulated), an announcement is made
that a new revision of the database has been posted.

--
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler at gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2011.0612 - http://dbi.perl.org

http://www.bbc.co.uk/