[tz] Civil suit; ftp shutdown; mailing list shutdown

John Hawkinson jhawk at mit.edu
Fri Oct 7 03:15:23 UTC 2011

I assume that tz at iana.org still works and will continue to work.
I must admit, I've been somewhat distracted most of the day and did not
notice this happen.

The suit, if you wish to read it is, Astrolabe, Inc. v. Olson et al,
docket number 1:11-cv-11725-GAO. The other plaintiff is Paul
Eggert. You should be able to access it via RECAP, a tool that lets
Court users easily share the documents they download from the Federal
Court system, but for some reason that doesn't seem to be working for
me. Theoretically you can get it at
http://www.archive.org/download/gov.uscourts.mad.139342/ and perhaps
also http://www.archive.org/details/gov.uscourts.mad.139342.

I'm mirrored the court documents, of which there are five, at
http://web.mit.edu/jhawk/tmp/tz

I am somewhat puzzled why Arthur chose to shut down the mailing list
and the ftp server.

The text of the docket entries are:
---cut

                     United States District Court
                  District of Massachusetts (Boston)
              CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:11-cv-11725-GAO

Astrolabe, Inc. v. Olson et al
Assigned to: Judge George A. OToole, Jr
Cause: 17:101 Copyright Infringement