[tz] Short notice: Ukraine invalidates law to introduce permanent DST

udo.schwedt at obi.de udo.schwedt at obi.de
Tue Oct 18 15:56:37 UTC 2011

As far as I understand, the recent change to the Ukranian time zone
(Europe/Kiev)
to introduce permanent daylight saving time (similar to Russia) was
reverted today:

http://portal.rada.gov.ua/rada/control/en/publish/article/info_left?art_id=287324&cat_id=105995

AFAICS, this means that the current Kiev time zone (UTC/GMT +3 hours) will
be changed back
to former Ukrainian standard time (UTC/GMT +2 hours) by the end of this
month (October 2011).
Thus the original DST rules (that were changed with tzinfo2011k) will have
to be restored.

I don't know how such near-term situations are usually handled (I'm fairly
new to this list),
but I'd like to bring this to your attention and propose a change at short
notice.

Thanks,
-- Udo

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the