[tz] temporary timezone database home ...

Zefram zefram at fysh.org
Fri Oct 7 12:06:41 UTC 2011

If we're going the git route (which is a good idea), I suggest *not*
using github.  Github has terms of service that can change without notice
in problematic ways.  The tz collective is large enough that there should
be no problem in hosting our own git server, such as the one that Yann
Droneaud has provided as a prototype.  Ideally we'd have a git server
hosted at munnari.

I think a single repository covering both code and data files would be
better than separate code and data repositories.  The two parts are too
interconnected to work with separately.

Btw, I was one of the unlucky sods (maybe the only unlucky sod?) who,
having joined tz at elsie only a week ago, was omitted from the initial
subscriber list for tz at iana.  Good work getting things going so quickly.

-zefram