[tz] Proposed time zone package changes (Fiji, Bahia Brazil, West Bank(Hebron))

Peter Ilieve peter at aldie.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 20:18:59 UTC 2011

On 7 Oct 2011, at 20:18, Robert Elz wrote:

> Lastly, with regard to this last part of Guilherme's message ...
>
>  | Sorry my poor english,
>
> No, no apology accepted, ...

I second that.

> We (all) appreciate the efforts that everyone makes to communicate with us,
> and do do that (mostly) in English, and we need all of that input.
> It is the data we need mostly, please, no-one defer or avoid sending
> messages to the list because you aren't sure of your English ability.
> If needed, send in your own language, someone else will probably be able
> to translate, and in any case, much of the content of substance will
> usually be possible to extract (especially if you write dates using numbers...)
> Or, attempt English, no-one will complain about, or even comment on, its
> quality - that's not why we are here.

That's one of the things I like about this community. It's interested
in the data. It doesn't ask people to fill in this web form, use that
email template, or use a particular jargon or language. It's the
data that counts.

I'm sure Robert didn't intend that as his manifesto for the post of
TZ Coordinator, but in my opinion it would be a good one. Long may
it continue like this.

		Peter Ilieve		peter at aldie.co.uk