[tz] A history maintaining repository for tzdata

Kevin Lyda kevin at ie.suberic.net
Fri Oct 7 20:27:51 UTC 2011

I note that some others have created some repositories for tzdata, but
I'd really like to see the history of what Paul and Arthur have done
be maintained.  Commits that have useful commit messages and "correct"
dates.  To that end I've created the following repository (I stuck it
on two hosters as I saw there were concerns about github on the list):

https://github.com/lyda/tzdata
https://gitorious.org/tzdata

The README file explains how the import was done and what might need
to be fixed:

https://github.com/lyda/tzdata/blob/master/README
https://gitorious.org/tzdata/tzdata/blobs/master/README

If people want me to recreate it differently I'm happy to do so.  It
takes about a minute to build from scratch.  The git repo is only 1.5M
BTW so if someone wants to setup private hosting it really won't take
up much room or bandwidth.

If people like this I'm happy to do the same for tzcode.

Kevin

PS  It would amuse me if the tz project had one of the oldest git
commits on github/gitorious/wherever:
   https://github.com/lyda/tzdata/commit/dcf9a59f640d3e24745b36a9b5593add336a01b8

--
Kevin Lyda