[tz] LST

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Fri Oct 14 02:18:48 UTC 2011

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe most robust implementations of the TZ
database already have some way of expressing an offset in this way.  If
people want to use a meaningful offset identifier, e.g., "-04:00" (with or
without the colon) as a replacement for an abbreviation like "EDT" in their
individual cases, there is, practically speaking, very little they need to
do to accomplish that.

--
Tim Parenti