[tz] LST

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Fri Oct 14 17:10:15 UTC 2011

On Fri 2011-10-14T13:12:05 +0100, Zefram hath writ:
> I note that the Theory section on abbreviations describes the POSIX rules
> and expresses a preference for using only letters.  It also mentions
> the issue of spaces breaking space splitting.

Folks should be aware that the CalConnect tc-timezone-l list contains
details about the IETF CALSIFY efforts which are preparing a draft
related to the IANA registration of zones and the API for serving the
contents of tzdata.  My impression is that nomenclature issues like
these are about to hit a new level of discussion.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB   Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855