[tz] Preparing for next tzdata update ...

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Sat Oct 15 03:59:10 UTC 2011

    Date:        Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:24:37 -0700 (PDT)
    From:        World Time Zone <worldtimezone at yahoo.com>

  | Official document signed as Decree ? 770 and listed on the web site
  | of the President of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic:
  |
  | http://president.pmr-gov.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2654&Itemid=1

If I understand you correctly, the effect of this is to introduce
(or re-introduce, since it actually existed once before) a new
zone, Europe/Tiraspol that has rules/transitions equivalent to
Europe/Chisinau (but presumably a different LMT value - does anyone
know Tiraspol's actual longitude?) except with summer time not
starting this year on Oct 30 which is when most of the rest of
Europe starts, right?

If that's it, I'll include this in the next update, which will be
released for comment soon, and most likely appear as tzdata2011m on
Monday Oct 24.

That version will also contain the Bahia Brazil update - you've all
already seen what is proposed there (other than the attribution) in
the original proposal for tzdata2011l - and for those who need it
next week (or right now), all that is needed is to remove the current
final entry in the America/Bahia zone definition in tzdata2011l, and
uncomment the two replacement lines that follow (and perhaps delete the
comment explaining why they were commented...)

Are there any other changes that I have missed that should be made now?

Lastly, I am not ignoring the code changes that have been requested,
nor the doc changes, but none of those appear to be urgent right now,
so I think we can afford to wait a little and evaluate and discuss
them all more, before making a new version containing any of those changes.

kre