[tz] Preparing for next tzdata update ...

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Sat Oct 15 07:30:33 UTC 2011

    Date:        Fri, 14 Oct 2011 23:21:42 -0700
    From:        Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler at gmail.com>

  | Did you have in mind winter (or standard) time starting at the end of
  | October in the northern hemisphere?  Or summer time (not?) ending?

As you guessed, I got it backwards - I originally intended to ask if the
intent was to remain on (effectively) summer time, or to revert to the
previous standard time, and just not resume summer time next year - but then
I thought the question was moot as it was just summer time not turning on.

Sigh.

So, the messages didn't make it clear, and I don't read Moldovian (or
Russian, or Romanian, or whatever it is... see just how ignorant I am?)
so, what should the offset be on and after Oct 30?

kre