[tz] Preparing for next tzdata update ...

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Wed Oct 19 18:18:21 UTC 2011

For consistency with the other zones to which we've temporarily ascribed
"FET", this most recent change should be effected at a regularly scheduled
clock change, not at the date of the decree.  Since Europe/Chisinau follows
EU rules, we should write the final change to Europe/Tiraspol to resemble
our original changes to Ukraine (which have since been rendered invalid).
The "UNTIL" date for the penultimate line in Europe/Tiraspol should be "2011
Mar lastSun 1:00u", having been the last forward clock change (to year-round
UTC+3/FET).

In addition, being situated at +4651+2938 would give Tiraspol a pre-1880 LMT
offset of 1:58:32.

--
Tim Parenti