[tz] Introduction and apology for slamming you "with that TZ is a legal thing" commentary out of the blue.

Fri Oct 21 11:45:02 UTC 2011

Same here.  That was well reasoned and clearly expressed.

It also implies that the discussion in another thread (ask the UN for help) is not likely to be the effective answer.  It has all the problems Kevin described, just for starters.

                paul

From: tz-bounces at iana.org [mailto:tz-bounces at iana.org] On Behalf Of Eric Muller
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 12:03 AM
To: tz at iana.org
Subject: Re: [tz] Introduction and apology for slamming you "with that TZ is a legal thing" commentary out of the blue.

On 10/20/2011 6:10 PM, Kevin Kenny wrote:
It strikes me that the current informal process - [...] Don't fix what ain't broke.

Can't agree more with the whole message. Well said, and exactly to the point.

As for the specific question of kre as TZ coordinator, I think we could not have dreamed of a better outcome. Sincere thanks to Robert for stepping in, and of course my full support.

Eric.