[tz] Robert Elz as TZ coordinator and designated technical expert

Marshall Eubanks marshall.eubanks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 00:43:55 UTC 2011

Hello;

I volunteered to act on the behalf of the Time Zone Database community and
relay the call (by David Keegel)
that the TZ mailing list has reached a consensus that Robert Elz (
kre at munnari.oz.au) should be TZ Coordinator, and the technical
expert to IANA designated by the IESG, as is called for in

 draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-04

While that document has not been formally published by the IETF, it has been
approved by the IESG and
IANA is now administering the Time Zone database and mailing list under its
provisions, so a technical expert is needed.

On the primary thread discussing this on the TZML this there were over 20
messages and no opposition in over 2 weeks of LC, so I think
that there is no doubt that the consensus is very solid. He has been acting
in this role in a temporary capacity so there would be no perturbations
caused by this appointment.

Pete and Peter, could you please relay this to the entire IESG? I would be
glad to answer any questions, and I am sure that David K would be as
well.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks