[tz] Sydney, Australia (and other places) DST indication (or lack thereof)

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Sun Oct 30 12:44:55 UTC 2011

    Date:        Sat, 29 Oct 2011 20:48:20 -0400
    From:        Willy at willylorenzo.com

  | So I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is some unwritten accepted
  | practice of referring to Australian daylight saving time as EDT

As Philip said, there has been a lot of disscussion of this topic over
the years - check the list archives - and I doubt there's much to be
gained by doing it all again.   Referring to summer time as "daylight
saving time" is relatively common in normal usages, though it is actually
defined as "summer time" in most of the Aust jurisdictions (the states are
in charge, not the Commonwealth govt) - but actual use of the string "EDT"
is (or was, the last time I looked) relatively rare.

kre