[tz] Sydney,Australia (and other places) DST indication (or lack thereof)

Bill Tiede billt at chaossoftware.com
Mon Oct 31 16:55:06 UTC 2011

For WorldTimeServer.com at least, we used two government sources for our time zone abbreviations for Australia:

1. Australia.gov.au at  http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/our-country/time

2. Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology at   http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/tables/daysavtm.shtml

There has been plenty of discussion in the past about how official these abbreviations are or how widely accepted within Australia these are, so keep in mind I'm not trying to reopen debate or anything, just responding to the question about where we got the idea to call it what we have.

Best Regards,

Bill Tiede

www.ChaosSoftware.com; www.WorldTimeServer.com