New zone for DE, split from Europe/Berlin

Alois Treindl alois at astro.ch
Mon Sep 12 22:25:46 UTC 2011

It is too early to propose this as a new zone for tzdata.

The practice for each zone in tzdata is that also the complete history
from the beginning of standard time must be included in the zone file.

For Busingen, only the exception in 1980 is confirmed by research.

It is not yet known what this exclave did in 1941 - 1949 and in 1916 -
1918 when Germany had DST / war time  but Switzerland did not or did
differently.

I have written a few days ago to Busingen authorities in the hope to get
information about its timezone history.