Theory - zone creation description wrong

Mr tobias conradi tobias_conradi at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 13 13:03:24 UTC 2011

As far as I can see tzcode2011i/Theory is missing the fact
that for each country at least one zone is created.

I.e. maybe Luxembourg and France may have their own zones
not due to different timestamp observance since
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC but simply due to the fact
that they are different countries.

CURRENT
"the world is partitioned into regions whose clocks all agree
about time stamps that occur after the somewhat-arbitrary cutoff point
of the POSIX Epoch (1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC). For each such region,
the database records all known clock transitions, and labels the region
with a notable location."

PROPOSED
"the world is partitioned into regions, named zones, whose clocks all agree
about time stamps that occur after the somewhat-arbitrary cutoff point
of the POSIX Epoch (1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC).
Additional for each country at least one zone is created. For each zone,
the database records all known clock transitions, and labels the zone
with a notable location.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18