updated Russian Time Zones - need to correct some districts for Sakha - Yakutia and Sakhalin

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:28:21 UTC 2011

Eric wrote:
> Incidentally, the French page
> (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_de_Sakha) clearly states that the
> New Siberian islands are a natural preserve, under direct authority of the
> Sakha republic, and are not part of any district.
This made me ask a person whom I trust a lot with subdivisions of
Russia, he could not yet give a law. He says the ru WP page is mixing
administrative and municipal divisions and that the map
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sakha_Republic_Municipal_Divisions.PNG
is wrong.

According to him the New Siberian Islands are not part of any
administrative nor municipal divisions. They are also regarded as
uninhabited.

One sees a border change in Wikipedia at:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bulynsky_ulus_location.PNG
So, the claim that the New Siberian Islands are part of
Bulunsky is maybe only a Wikipedia fairy tale.

I change my proposal from
NEW Asia/Khandyga containing Bulunsky (only New Siberian Islands),
Tomponsky, Ust-Maysky

NEW Asia/Khandyga Tomponsky, Ust-Maysky

Still I miss any laws supporting the old zone set up. Only sources I
found where claims by one tz contributor and by the CIA factbook, but
maybe the former based his claim on the latter.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18

http://tobiasconradi.com/tobias_conradi