Re coming Russian-Belarusian-Ukrainian timezone change

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Sep 22 20:04:56 UTC 2011

On 09/22/11 12:45, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> FT for forward time (permanent summer time, e.g. EEFT).

This suggested abbreviation goes too far, I think.
Then we'd have to decide whether summer time is
permanent (or not) in many other situations.
I'd rather not have to worry about such things.
I don't particularly like "FET" either, but at
least it has the virtue of not claiming to be
part of a larger organized scheme.

(I had initially thought of proposing "EEET",
for "East of Eastern European Time", but decided
that was too clever....)