[tz] Non-ASCII chars in southamerica file

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Dec 14 01:23:14 UTC 2012

Thanks for catching these problems.  Two proposed patches
are attached.  The first fixes the problems by going back to ASCII.
The second puts in a check for this problem, so that non-ASCII
bytes like that don't slip into future releases.  At some point
we may well want to add non-ASCII characters, but they should
be UTF-8 I expect.  I've pushed these proposed patches into
the unofficial experimental repository at github.