[tz] impending changes to AusAQ [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Tue Feb 21 20:17:45 UTC 2012

Michael,

The current version of the database already has Casey and Davis on UTC+8
and UTC+7, respectively.  They had been changed to UTC+11 and UTC+5
temporarily between October 2009 and March 2010.  I'd imagine such a
temporary change is what happened this season as well, but I don't see any
record on the list archives of when this period began in the southern
spring.

Timeanddate.com lists these changes as having occurred on Friday 28 October
2011, with Casey going forward three
hours<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone.html?n=1034&syear=2010>from
02:00 UTC+8 to 05:00 UTC+11 at 05:00 Hobart time (18:00 UTC Thursday),
and Davis going backward two
hours<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone.html?n=1035&syear=2010>from
02:00 UTC+7 to 00:00 UTC+5 at 06:00 Hobart time (19:00 UTC Thursday).

Can you confirm that this is when these time zone shifts began for the
2011–2012 season, or perhaps provide other clarifying remarks?  Thanks.

--
Tim Parenti