Wisconsin's variation of CDT

Robert Robert
Sat Feb 25 02:52:01 UTC 2012

    Date:        Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:38:20 -0700
    From:        Paul Eggert <eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU>

  | If I understand you correctly, people in Wisconsin actually keep their
  | clocks according to the federal rules,

Do you really believe that almost anyone (members of this list perhaps
excepted) actually changes their clock at the precise instant that DST (or summer time, or whatever it gets called in different areas) actually changes.

The normal "instruction" (or advice) that I recall is "put your clock forward (or back) before you go to bed tonight".

If that's true, then the "people actually keep their clocks" test is pretty much irrelevant for this particular question.  More likely to be relevant would be what time the radio stations announce during the "different" hour (forget TV, aside from perhaps teletext) - and I wouldn't be too surprised to discover that they may perhaps even announce both times...  (I guess someone who lives there, and is actually listening to a radio during the relevant hour, would need to answer this - or perhaps find a radio station (or a few) and ask what their policy is).

That would most likely be the only common practice which applies to this particular question (which is quite different from the more mormal one of whether or not a community observes DST at all).

kre