[tz] Civil suit; ftp shutdown; mailing list shutdown

John Hawkinson jhawk at mit.edu
Sun Feb 12 21:14:44 UTC 2012

John Hawkinson <jhawk at MIT.EDU> wrote on Fri,  7 Oct 2011
at 03:15:23 +0000 in <20111007031523.GB25751 at homeworld.netbsd.org>:

> The suit, if you wish to read it is, Astrolabe, Inc. v. Olson et al,
> docket number 1:11-cv-11725-GAO. The other plaintiff is Paul
> Eggert.
> http://www.archive.org/download/gov.uscourts.mad.139342/

The last activity the Court's docket reports is the summons
to Eggert and Olson was issued on September 30th, and the summons
has not been returned (i.e. they have not been served).

As I understand it, according to rule 4(m) of the Federal Rules of
Civil Procedure, the Astrolabe had 120 days to serve Eggert and Olson
with the complaint. Assuming calendar days, which I think are correct
here, that 120 days would be up as of January 28, about 2 weeks ago.

I am rather uncertain what to think.

--jhawk at mit.edu
  John Hawkinson

09/30/2011
Summons Issued as to Paul Eggert, Arthur David Olson. Counsel
receiving this notice electronically should download this summons,
complete one for each defendant and serve it in accordance with
Fed.R.Civ.P. 4 and LR 4.1. Summons will be mailed to plaintiff(s) not
receiving notice electronically for completion of service.
(York, Steve) (Entered: 09/30/2011)