[tz] Creston

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Mon Feb 27 13:21:22 UTC 2012

    Date:        Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:11:53 +0200
    From:        Alan Barrett <apb at cequrux.com>

  | That article seems clear enough that Creston has been at -07:00
  | since June 1918, but it's not very clear when transitions occured
  | back and forth between PDT (-08:00 standard offset, plus 01:00 DST
  | adjustment) and MST (-07:00 standard offset, no DST adjustment).

Since I have zero regard for tz abbreviations in any case (aside from the
need to retain the API), I personally think that doesn't matter in the
slightest (and nor do I gather it ever mattered to the people concerned).

It appears as if they considered themselves to be PDT during a period of
WWII when daylight savings was mandated - by simply declaring they were
in the pacific timezone (+1) they managed to avoid voilating the letter of
the law, without doing anything at all...

I could add the transitions to give effect to that if anyone really feels
it is important.

I can certainly add some comments noting the issue.

kre