[tz] Creston

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Mon Feb 27 13:50:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Robert Elz wrote:
>    Date:        Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:11:53 +0200
>    From:        Alan Barrett <apb at cequrux.com>
>
>  | That article seems clear enough that Creston has been at -07:00
>  | since June 1918, but it's not very clear when transitions occured
>  | back and forth between PDT (-08:00 standard offset, plus 01:00 DST
>  | adjustment) and MST (-07:00 standard offset, no DST adjustment).
>
> Since I have zero regard for tz abbreviations in any case (aside
> from the need to retain the API), I personally think that
> doesn't matter in the slightest (and nor do I gather it ever
> mattered to the people concerned).

I always considered "is DST in effect, and if so, what is the
offset from standard time" to be an important question, even if
the abbreviation is not important.  But I agree that it doesn't
seem to have mattered to the people in Creston at the time, so
it's probably fine if the tz database doesn't worry about it.

--apb (Alan Barrett)